If you own or encounter a Pioneer DJM 750, 850, 900 NXS or 900 SRT, use the following guide to record your mixes via a USB cable. This is a big advantage for recordings live sets if you play on cds, vinyl or rekordbox and do not have Serato setup.
1. Download the driver / utility for each mixer from Pioneer:
2. Install each driver for either your mac or windows laptop
Once this has been done, you will be able to access each utility. Here is what it looks like for windows:
3. Open utility for each mixer and set ALL channels to REC OUT. Also set the USB Output Level to -15dB
4. Download a program to record your mixes with. I use Audacity, which is FREE!
5. Install the program and connect the mixer to your laptop. You will need a USB A to USB B cable. This is commonly referred to as a "usb printer cable". The square side of the usb cable will plug into the the usb port on the mixer, located in the top left of the mixer. Plug the other side into your laptop.
6. Open up Audacity and set the recording source to LINE IN - PIONEER DJM XXX
7. Click the record button. You should see music being recorded into the software.
So a number of cool things about using this method to record: